Starting a business is not for everyone; however, many men and women have found entrepreneurship as a way to overcome stagnation and open doors to a new life.
Does the Bible talk about the matter? Of course, yes. In many passages. One of them is the parable of the talents. The Lord Jesus explained it this way:
“For to him who has, it will be given, and he will have more, and whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away.” (Matthew 25:29 | KJV)
Think for a moment. God created us with enormous potential to do great things. The decision to succeed is no one else but ours. The best way forward is by thinking about losing your job or maybe not finding a job. On the contrary, ask the Lord to guide you on what business idea you could put into practice.
If God is in the matter, you are assured of victory as soon as you begin (Psalm 37: 5)
A Foundation: Strong Principles and Values
When strong principles and values govern our life, we are on our way to success.
King David wrote a foundation that we can never lose sight of:
“The good man has mercy and lends; he governs his affairs with judgment, so he will never slip; in eternal memory, he will be just.” (Psalm 112: 5, 6 | KJV)
In essence, the passage goes to equilibrium. It is a potentiality when we possess it. It allows us to measure the scope of what we do, identify errors, and apply corrective measures. In business, this feature is very important.
Fundamentals to Start a Business
When we have a business in mind, the first step we must take is to pray to God. Ask for guidance on which initiative, according to His will, will prosper. He will show the way forward.
Today I invite you to consider the value of perseverance, creativity, discipline, responsibility, initiative, leadership, and not fearing failures.
I will share with you, in detail, a description of each of these fundamentals:
1. Perseverance. Do not be discouraged at the first obstacle. Strengthen yourself in God and move on.
2. Creativity It is based on inspiration and imagination. God will always give you new ideas.
3. Discipline. Develop principles that allow you to move forward, fulfilling an itinerary, planning what you will do, adjusting your agenda, but, at all times, taking steps forward.
4. Responsibility. Think for a moment that every action triggers a consequence. You and no one but you should answer. Assume that principle. It will help you reach new levels.
5. Initiative. There are no infallible business ideas. Difficulties will always arise. For that reason, take the lead. Get out of the way of obstacles.
6. Leadership Don’t confuse being a leader with a dictatorial attitude. The leader is the first to do things with passion and determination. Acting like this transfers that attitude to those around you. It is a foundation for effective leadership.
7. Do not fear failure. No one reached the top without first trying and taking new steps, one by one. If he fears to fail, he will never get anywhere. He will be a frustrated entrepreneur.
Decide to Undertake
You have great potentials. God provided them. Use them. Do not standstill. If it depends on Him, He will show you the way forward.
Entrepreneurship is successful for those who move in the will of God and allow Him to guide them in the steps to follow.
Work, do not stop (Proverbs 13: 4). You will soon see the results. Always remember that whoever is faithful in little will be faithful in much as our Savior Jesus Christ taught (Luke 16:10)
Regarding Jesus, have you received him in your heart as Lord? Today is the day for you to open the doors of your heart. I can assure you that if you do, you will embark on a wonderful journey towards personal, spiritual, and family growth. Receive Christ in your heart today.
Currently a pastor, I devote most of my time to the ministry. I have been actively serving in ministry for roughly ten years now, and in that time; I have encountered countless trials and cruel hardships.
But somehow, through God’s grace; I overcame. And the one thing I have learned from those encounters – trust God.
Therefore, using my experiences and my relationship with God. I now seek to inspire and encourage those who visit my blog.
And may God continue to bless and enrich you greatly.