The first and perhaps the most important consideration: we must clarify that in God’s eternal plan, divorce was never scheduled as an option. On the contrary, the plans of our heavenly Father have always conceived a stable family.
Furthermore, to shed some light, our Lord Jesus was approached and asked about the matter, and His answer cleared all doubts:
“Some Pharisees approached and tried to set him up with the following question: – Is a man allowed to divorce his wife for any reason? Jesus replied: – Have you not read the Scriptures? There it is written that, from the beginning, “God made them male and female” —And he added—: “This explains why the man leaves his father and his mother and joins his wife, and the two become one.” Since they are no longer two but one, let no one separate what God has united.” (Matthew 19: 3-6 | NTV)
On that basis, there is no reason to argue the separation. However, and I say it sadly, we human beings are specialists in finding excuses, which has led to an unusual number of divorces in all countries, during the last thirty years.
What if separation is inevitable?
Divorce is inevitable, of course, if we fight in our forces and leave God aside. But if we surrender our married life in His hands, everything can be different. And the course of history, in case there are conflicts, can change if we go to prayer.
The problem is that, generally, we let ourselves be dragged by pride. Review specific cases of people who have divorced in recent months and, without going to judge, will verify that mediated factors such as lack of dialogue and forgiveness, and even, there was no willingness to reach agreements to improve the relationship.
How to Get Closure From an Ex: 9 Practical Tips
Use these tips with there is definitely nothing else to do but to close the chapter with someone from whom you separated.
1. Give time to time. Allow emotional wounds to heal progressively, with God’s help.
2. Decide not to continue with a toxic relationship. If it causes harm, do not stay in such a relationship. Because it will cause great damage to your children, apart from you.
3. Do not spy on your former spouse. Do not follow them to see who they talk to or goes out with. Respect the privacy of the other, and don’t embarrass yourself anymore.
4. Control your emotions if you have to make contact with your former spouse. Do not get carried away by anger, resentment, or any other harmful motivation that can lead to confrontations.
5. Make the decision to forgive your former spouse and ask God for help to move forward in that process.
6. Do not allow hurtful comments from your former spouse of their partner to cause you to lose your temper. Ask God for wisdom to control yourself.
7. Get rid of all those painful memories that you experienced while living together as a couple.
8. Give up all purposes of revenge or taking justice by your hand.
9. Do not get involved quickly in a new relationship. Ask God for wisdom in that regard.
Do not let go of God’s hand
At all times and under all circumstances, do not let go of God’s hand. Ask for guidance before deciding to separate. And if divorce occurs, strengthen yourself in Him to restart a new life.
I insist: Don’t get involved quickly in a new relationship. Give place to the heavenly Father so that He accommodates things, even in your sentimental life.
If you have not yet received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, today is the day for you to do so. Open the doors of your heart to Jesus. He will bring transformation to his personal, spiritual, and family life. Let him enter your heart today.
Currently a pastor, I devote most of my time to the ministry. I have been actively serving in ministry for roughly ten years now, and in that time; I have encountered countless trials and cruel hardships.
But somehow, through God’s grace; I overcame. And the one thing I have learned from those encounters – trust God.
Therefore, using my experiences and my relationship with God. I now seek to inspire and encourage those who visit my blog.
And may God continue to bless and enrich you greatly.